California LifeLine - your line to a better life
Two Ways to Qualify
Lifeline is a government assistance program, and Lifeline service is non-transferable. Only eligible consumers may enroll, and the program is limited to one discount per household.
Method 1 eligibility: "Program based"
You may qualify for the California LifeLine discount if you OR another member of your household is currently enrolled in any one of the following public assistance programs:
- CalFresh, Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) *
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) or Section 8
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
- Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs)
- Welfare-to-Work (WTW)
- Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
*Social Security benefits and/or Social Security Disability benefits are not program base eligibility qualifiers. Social Security benefits and/or Social Security Disability income may only be used to qualify for Lifeline Program participation under the income eligibility qualification method.
Method 2 eligibility: "Income based"
You may also qualify if your total annual household income is at or less than the following income guidelines:
Household Size Annual Income Limits
1-2 members, $25,900
3 members, $30,100
4 members, $36,500
* Add an additional $6,400 for each
additional member of your household.