Mobile Wireless Device Unlocking Policy
Our mobile devices are locked to help protect our customers from theft and other fraudulent activity. Within two business days after receiving a request to unlock a device, TruConnect will confirm the device is eligible to be unlocked (see below for criteria) and will unlock the device or provide an explanation of why the device does not qualify for unlocking.
Unlock Eligibility for Wireless Mobile Devices
- Prepaid mobile wireless devices must have been active for at least 365 days after initial activation with TruConnect
- The device must have been provided to the customer by TruConnect or one of its Authorized Agents to be eligible for unlocking
- The device must not be reported as lost, stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
- The account associated with the device must be in good standing
Unlocking Policy for Deployed Military Personnel
Deployed military personnel who are customers in good standing are eligible to have their devices unlocked upon provision of deployment papers
How to Unlock Your Device
- Contact TruConnect Customer Care via phone at 800-430-0443 or email at UnlockMyDevice@truconnect.com to receive your device’s unique unlock code
- Record the unlock code for future use
- Once you have placed a new SIM card (from another provider) into your device, you will be prompted to enter the unlock code
- Carefully enter the unlock code provided.
- CAUTION: you have only 5 attempts to unlock the device. If you enter an incorrect code 5 times, the SIM slot will be permanently locked and cannot be unlocked.
TruConnect may refuse any unlock request that would result in an abuse of these policies or is part of an effort to defraud TruConnect or its customers. These policies are subject to change without notice. TruConnect makes no guarantee that an unlocked device will work on another carrier's network. Additionally, an unlocked device may not function as originally intended on a non-TruConnect network.