TruConnect is Committed to Protecting Your Privacy
The Types of Information We Collect
TruConnect collects information about you and your device(s) in order to provide our products and services. The information we collect may include:
- Account Information: We collect information related with your particular account, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and call records.
- Financial and Credit Information: When applicable, we collect information about your credit card, credit history, or other banking information for account opening, billing, and collection purposes.
- Service-Related Network and Device Information: We collect information on your TruConnect service history, as well as information on how you use TruConnect’s network, products, and services, and how well the network, products, and services are operating. We also collect information related to your specific device or equipment type, status, settings, software, and configuration.
- Customer Proprietary Network Information: We collect Customer Proprietary Network Information, or "CPNI", which is a type of personal information. For more information, please see the TruConnect CPNI Policy.
- Location Information: We may collect information on your ZIP-code and street address, as well as where your wireless device is located. This information is generated when your device communicates with cell towers, wi-fi routers, and/or other technologies.
- Internet Browsing & Application Information: We may collect information on the websites you visit and the mobile apps you use on the TruConnect network, including the amount of time spent using the app or website and how often the app or website is used.
How We Collect Information
TruConnect collects information by virtue of your use of our products, services, and network. This includes collecting information in the following ways:
Information You Provide
We collect information that you supply when you purchase or use our services or products, or otherwise communicate with TruConnect representatives. Some of the ways that you provide information to TruConnect include:
- When you purchase or add TruConnect’s products and services
- When you contact TruConnect customer service representatives online, by phone, or in person
- When you create, modify, or interact with our website or your online account
Information Collected When You Use TruConnect Products and Services
When you use your TruConnect device, products, or services, TruConnect automatically collects certain information as we monitor the performance of our services and/or equipment. For example, TruConnect automatically collects information about:
- Your device, such as what type of device is used, device location, when the device is on or off, what services are being used, what calls and text messages are sent and received, and general device performance issues.
- Our network performance by measuring things such as signal strength, application performance, data transmission, dropped calls and data failures, and other network performance issues.
- When you interact with TruConnect’s websites, TruConnect collects information about your visit. This may include data about your searching, browsing, and purchasing activities on our website, as well as your IP address, account information, mobile device telephone number, web addresses of the websites that you come from and go to next, and information about your internet connection.
- We use this information in order to deliver more relevant and accurate marketing messages, as offerings may vary depending on where you live. We also use this information to manage the frequency with which you see certain advertisements. In addition, we use this information to review and maintain the effectiveness of our websites.
Information Provided by Third Parties
Other sources also provide TruConnect with information. For example, TruConnect receives information from
- Credit agencies who assist with customer credit-related decisions,
- Marketing companies who provide leads, contact information, and social media information, and
- Companies that collect consumer demographic and interest data.
How We Use the Information
TruConnect uses the information it collects in a variety of ways, including:
- To provide you with devices, products, and services
- To bill you for use of the products and services and maintain billing records
- To maintain a record of your interactions with TruConnect
- To help you with service, product, and network-related issues
- To manage, improve, and protect the integrity and security of our network
- To improve our services and network
- To inform you about product and service updates, offers, and promotions that may be of interest
- To comply with laws and regulations
- To prevent and investigate fraud, illegal activities, and violations of our Terms and Conditions
- To provide 911 dialing services and allow emergency services to detect your general location
We may use certain information you have provided, such as preferences expressed by use of our websites or through use of our products and services to provide you with marketing information related to TruConnect products and services that may be of interest. We may provide these ads on our websites or mobile applications. This is part of our service relationship, and you may not opt-out of receiving this type of advertising.
Third Party Advertising
We will only share your personal information with third party companies for them to use for their own marketing purposes when we have your consent.
When you visit TruConnect’s website or utilize your device, you may see third-party advertisements. Certain advertisements are placed by companies, known as ad servers, which place ads on behalf of other third parties. These companies may place and access cookies on your device to collect information about your visit to the website. Any information they collect from TruConnect’s website does not identify you personally. The information collected may be used with other data to help advertisers reach target audiences and tailor advertisements to interests they infer from your use of our and other websites. If you chose to interact with advertisers who place ads on TruConnect’s websites, the information you provide to those third parties is subject to their terms and conditions and privacy policies. Any interactions with ads on TruConnect’s website may lead to further targeted advertisements on our website or other websites where those ad servers are present.
We may permit advertisers on TruConnect’s websites to place ads based on certain information that we have about you, including your products and services, geographic location, and demographic information. We do not release any personally identifiable information for this purpose. We may also include social network or other third-party plug-ins or widgets on our websites that may provide information to the associated social networks or third parties about your actions with our websites or the services that you use.
How We Share Information
Sharing Within the TruConnect Family
TruConnect shares customer information within the TruConnect family of companies in order to communicate with you about your account, to provide products and services to you, and to develop the products and services that will serve you best. TruConnect also shares information among the TruConnect family in order to offer and provide you with additional products and services that may be of interest. You can limit the sharing of certain types of information, known as Customer Proprietary Network Information, or CPNI, for marketing services outside of the services you currently have. For further information, please see the TruConnect CPNI Policy.
Sharing With the Primary Account Holder
TruConnect may disclose information about an account to the primary account holder. If the primary account holder is a business, governmental agency, or another individual, TruConnect may provide information about your use of the products or services at their direction.
Sharing With Third Parties
Mobile numbers will not be shared or sold with third parties or affiliates for marketing or promotional purposes.
TruConnect does use third party partners for certain business purposes, and shares information with them as necessary for them to perform work on our behalf. We may also provide information that does not identify you personally to third parties for marketing, advertising, or other purposes. TruConnect also shares information with third parties in order to protect your privacy and security and to enforce our own rights. In these situations, we only share your information as needed for those companies or entities to perform specific services. In addition, those companies are required to protect your information with the same level of protection that TruConnect provides. As described, we share information beyond TruConnect with certain other entities in limited circumstances:
- In order to comply with court orders and other legal and regulatory requirements
- To respond to 911 and other emergencies
- To assist with identity verification and to prevent fraud and theft
- To enforce our agreements and legal rights, or to advance or defend against legal claims
- To process transactions and bills and to collect payments
- As part of a corporate business transaction (i.e., a merger or acquisition)
- With your consent
Consent Required for Individually Identifiable Disclosures
TruConnect will only disclose information that individually identifies customers or their devices to third parties with customer consent, which may be obtained in writing, online through click-through agreements, when you accept the terms on your device for certain applications or services, or orally via an in-store or phone contact. Implicit consent will be obtained only in certain situations (i.e., when you purchase a product and request that it be shipped to your home or business, you implicitly consent to disclosure of your name and address to a third-party shipping company in order to complete delivery).
Marketing, Informational and Service-Related Communications. In accordance with our Terms and Conditions, and/or your opt-in preference, you provide consent for us to contact you via email, voice call or text, including manual, autodialed, and prerecorded calls and texts. You also provide consent for us to use CPNI for marketing purposes, as described in the Terms and Conditions. You may limit or revoke these authorizations as follows:
- Call us at (800) 430-0443 or email customer care at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Text the keyword “STOP”, “STOPALL”, “UNSUBSCRIBE”, “CANCEL”, “END”, or “QUIT” to (323) 310-5283
To unsubscribe to marketing emails, follow the unsubscribe instructions contained within the email.
Your instructions to limit or revoke your consent to these communications will be processed as soon as reasonably practicable.
You understand that by choosing not to receive text messages you may not receive notices related to important account updates and program renewal notices that could impact your Services. Important account updates include regulatory notices related to your benefits, usage, de-enrollment and recertification, and failure to take timely action in response to these notices could result in your loss of benefits and de-enrollment from the Services. These important notices about your Lifeline/Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefits may require prompt action to avoid de-enrollment from Lifeline and/or Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and discontinuance of your Service.
You can re-OPT-IN to these important messages by contacting us using one of the methods below or as set out in the text message confirming your opt-out request. You can further modify your text message preferences by visiting our website, or by contacting us using one of the methods described below.
You may Opt-In by either sending a SMS message with the keyword “START” or “YES” to (323) 310-5283 or signing up at the point-of-sale location.
If you choose not to receive text messages related to important account updates and program renewal notices, you must provide TruConnect with a valid email address to ensure that you receive communications that TruConnect is required by law to provide you about your Lifeline/Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefits.
Please note that exercising a marketing opt-out will not affect the non-marketing messages you consented to receive and will not affect TruConnect’s right to contact you about the communications services to which you subscribe, including notifications regarding compliance obligations related to those services (e.g., non-usage, de-enrollment, recertification and collection notices).
Notice for TruConnect Wireless Customers
TruConnect does not provide listing information for wireless numbers to phone book publishers or directory assistance services without your consent.
Notice for TruConnect Wireline Customers
TruConnect provides the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of wireline customers to directory publishers and directory assistance services unless a non-published or non-listed number has been requested.
Third Party Entities, Applications, and Social Networks
If you choose to interact with third party applications, entities, or social networks via the TruConnect website, products, or devices, please be aware that the information you provide to those third parties is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those third parties, not TruConnect.
How We Protect Your Information
TruConnect employs a variety of safeguards in order to keep your personal information safe from unauthorized access:
- TruConnect employees are trained in various privacy protections and on the proper access to, use, and disclosure of customer information.
- TruConnect only permits access to sensitive personal information to those employees who have a business need to access such information.
- TruConnect requires password protection to access online account information. For multi-line accounts, the primary account holder is authorized to access all account information. Other account users may access online account information only related to their device and line. The primary account holder may provide for broader or more limited access rights for other account users.
- Federal law provides for protection of CPNI, and TruConnect enforces a policy to maintain the confidentiality of CPNI and ensure compliance with federal rules. TruConnect will never intentionally disclose customer CPNI to third parties without customer consent, except as permitted by federal laws and as described in this Policy. However, primary account holders may designate certain authorized users to access account information and CPNI. For more information, please see the TruConnect CPNI Policy.
- TruConnect retains information only for as long as needed for business or tax purposes, or as applicable laws, regulations, or orders require. Upon disposal of customer information, TruConnect utilizes procedures reasonably designed to erase or eliminate access to information (e.g., by shredding documents, wiping media and devices, and various other measures).
- TruConnect applies encryption and other security controls to protect your information that TruConnect stores or transmits.
Although TruConnect strives to provide the security of your personal information, no program is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that our precautions will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access personal information. TruConnect utilizes incident response plans to handle unauthorized attempts to access personal information. If you become aware of a security issue, please contact TruConnect’s regulatory department at email@example.com.
TruConnect does not intentionally or knowingly market to, collect information from, or solicit information online from children under the age of 13 without first obtaining parental consent. TruConnect encourages parents to be involved with children's online activities to ensure no information is collected from a child without parental consent. If you authorize a child to use TruConnect’s products and services by providing them with a device associated with your account, any information acquired as a result of such use will be treated as your information in accordance with this Policy.
Customer Choice and Control
Accessing Your Information
You can access and modify your account information online at www.truconnect.com, in person at a TruConnect retail location, or by contacting TruConnect customer service.
Choices Regarding TruConnect’s Use of Your Information
TruConnect would like to send you certain communications about products and services that we provide. However, you may choose to limit or opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time. In order to opt out of receiving marketing communications, please call TruConnect customer service and speak with a TruConnect representative who can process your opt out request.
Even if you choose not to receive marketing communications from TruConnect, if you purchase TruConnect products or services you will continue to receive certain account and service related communications, such as invoices, customer service notices, and transactional notices.
Consumer Role in Protecting Privacy
To ensure that your personal information remains protected, TruConnect encourages customers to use passwords to prevent unauthorized access to your account. Use unique, non-obvious passwords and do not share the passwords with others.
Do Not Call
Federal "Do Not Call" laws allow customers to place their telephone numbers on the national Do Not Call Registry in order to prevent telemarketing calls. Please visit www.donotcall.gov for more information. Please note that even if your number is placed on a federal or state Do Not Call list, most telemarketing laws permit companies to contact their own customers. However, you may be removed from TruConnect’s telemarketing list by contacting customer service.
Other Information You Should Know
Consumer Code for Wireless Services
TruConnect follows the Consumer Code for Wireless Services (“CCWS”) established by the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association ("CTIA"). CTIA and the wireless carriers that follow the CCWS have made a voluntary commitment to help consumers make informed choices when selecting their wireless service. For information about the voluntary guidelines included in the CCWS, please visit CTIA’s website at www.ctia.org/policy-initiatives/voluntary-guidelines/consumer-code-for-wireless-service.
California Privacy Rights, Web Site Data Collection, and Do Not Track Notices
California Privacy Rights
California Web Site Data Collection
We do not knowingly allow other parties to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party web sites when you use our websites and services. TruConnect provides information about the opt-out choices it makes available online at www.truconnect.com.
"Do Not Track" Notices
Because the providers of "do not track" and similar signals do not yet operate according to common, industry-accepted standards, TruConnect currently does not respond to those signals. For more information on Do Not Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with these requirements, or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to the Policy
How to Contact TruConnect
If you have any questions or concerns about this CPNI Policy, you may contact TruConnect customer service via phone, send us an email and/or submit CPNI concerns to 10440 N. Central Expressway, Suite 700, Dallas, TX 75231, Attn: Customer Service
Collection and Sharing of Location Information
In addition to other information described in this policy, we may collect and share with third party ad and data networks precise location information. This location information may be used by itself, aggregated, or combined with mobile identifiers (such as IDFAs and Android IDs), and shared with third parties for purposes related to advertising, analytics, attribution (e.g., measuring ad performance), analytics and market research. You can remove your consent to having your location data collected by changing the settings on your device (certain services may lose functionality as a result.) You can “opt out” of various third party uses of Apple’s and Android’s advertising identifiers through those platforms’ corresponding device settings, as well.